Sunday, April 06, 2008

Cronyism

The TeeVee tells me that Sean Sutton quit as Okie State coach recently. I'm not surprised.

Any coach who couldn't come up with a halftime response to an ISU
defensive scheme deserves to be fired. That's not a slam at Greg and
crew- when your team is just as flummoxed by an opponent in the second
half as in the first, and when that opponent is eventually going to
escape last place with a win over you- you are in over your head.

I never thought much of Sean as a player- a nice player, but getting extra
minutes because of Dad- and I thought the same of him as a coach. OSU
under Junior struck me as playing beneath their talent. He'll make
someone a nice recruiting coordinator, or perhaps he should drop down
to DII or a mid-major to learn how to coach, then come back up. As much as I despise Alford, he did pay some dues along the way.

Heck, I'd give James Dickey the promotion to Head Coach. He won a pile of games at Tech- he'd be better Day One than Sean ever was.

Pat Knight, you are on the clock.

Keno, you've earned a half dozen mulligans.

Peterclone

No comments: