Thursday, October 04, 2007

How Bad Can A Loss To Indiana Be?

This Bad.

When a guy who sits in the press box, but isn't working, and calls it KF's worst loss, you know it's bad. I'm surprised Ron didn't dive from his lofty perch to save himself from the Frank Lauterbur and Bob Cummings flashbacks.

Crazy stat from that game: KF is now 3-4 vs. Indiana. Indiana.

Indiana has had exactly 0 winning seasons in that span. The Hoosiers haven't been to a bowl game since 1993. KF is 5-1 against Penn State in that same span. That makes no sense.

I know, I should be focused on ISU and their game at Lubbock this week, but the scene in Iowa City is such a train wreck, you can't help but stare. They were so impressively good in that '02-'04 stretch I had convinced myself the farthest they might fall would be the accidental 7-5 or 6-6 season. Not this. Not "I don't see enough Big Ten wins to make a bowl" talk. Amazing.

To think: 14 months ago lots of people thought that program was on the cusp of a National Championship. What a Potemkin Village they turned out to be.

Peterclone

No comments: