Sunday, October 14, 2007

Any Other Year

Any other year and ISU probably wins in Lincoln.

Rats.

Husker fan is in full implosion mode. Best line from the message boards: "We're about to become Iowa State."

I don't want to know if they mean ISU this week, or ISU in general. I'm all for the latter. We don't have enough equals in the league right now.

My lifetime suspicion has been confirmed: Nebraska Fan is a fan of winning, not football. Thousands of "The Best Fans In College Football" streamed out of Memorial Stadium at halftime, down 38-0. Can we officially remove that tag now?

If NU continues losing, I suspect the Nov. 10th "sellout" against KSU will included thousands of loyal Husker fans dressed as empty seats. I wonder how many will pony up $29.95 for the PPV of that one?

It couldn't happen to a nicer bunch.

Peterclone

No comments: