Before we allow ourselves to get glum over having to accept a trip to Shreveport, let's review where we were in August:
- ISU had a rookie head coach
- Was coming off a 2-10 season
- Owned a 9 game conference losing streak
- Owned a 9 game losing streak to the Big 12 South
- Owned a 13 Big 12 road losing streak
- Hadn't won in Lincoln since '77
My over/under in August was 4, and I was the norm. Only the wild-eyed thought a bowl game was possible.
I think by any measure 2009 is a football success.