Thursday, July 27, 2006

Beano lives!

Imagine my surprise to see ESPN News defrost Beano Cook from the cryogenic freezer in July to talk about not just the SEC, but Barry Bonds and Penn State Women's Basketball.

Is he really so expensive to preserve that you have to get six month's work out of him to justify the cost? Did the timer on the liquid nitrogen bath kick off three weeks early? I didn't expect him until August 15th at the earliest.

Hearing Beano talk about more than Notre Dame and Michigan was refreshing, but I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that he had an opinion on women's basketball. If you were placing bets on which male ESPN talent would be the first to have an opinion on women's college basketball, Beano would have easily been a 500:1 shot, at the minimum.

If only I had called that British bookie yesterday.

Peterclone

No comments: